Academic Collaboration in Education
The pandemic produced by Covid-19 in the first half of 2020 faces humanity with an unprecedented collective challenge. Health systems have collapsed due to increased spread of the virus which has forced governments and various establishments to take actions that help to properly manage this crisis. Educational institutions and research centers have been faced with the dilemma of virtualizing or closing their doors while the crisis lasts.
The National Research and Education Networks of Latin America and RedCLARA developed a joint action plan to support the countries of the region to cope with the situation, which includes the creation of an education working group to convene experts from national networks and their partner institutions, in a synergistic action in two time horizons: in the short term, to develop initiatives that help guide educational institutions that have had to migrate to virtual formats, and, in the long term, to promote and encourage the collaboration of national networks with each other and with the rest of the world, on issues related to university digital transformation and its impact on education.
- To create and share knowledge about university digital transformation.
- To establish and coordinate a group of experts who can advise Higher Education institutions through national research and education networks.
- To propose and coordinate collaborative actions at regional level to facilitate the sharing of resources and knowledge among Higher Education institutions.
- To connect the Latin American community to global initiatives in this area.
- To exchange experiences in the use of innovative technologies in different fields and promote research on this matter.
- Work, at a technical level, on good practices for the implementation of platforms.
- Promote research on innovation in the use of technologies.
- Promote the use of the efforts of many years, generating content. Learning objects.
- Ana Isabel Ordoñez, CEDIA, Ecuador
- Angel Fidalgo, University of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Spain
- Claudio Chacón, CEDIA, Ecuador
- Elsa Fueyo, Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, Mexico
- Erika Sánchez Chablé, Autonomous University of Carmen, Mexico
- Pharaoh Llorens Largo, University of Alicante, Spain
- Francisco José García Peñalvo, University of Salamanca, Spain
- Javier Valdiviezo, CEDIA, Ecuador
- Jhondert Jaimes, National Experimental University of Táchira, Venezuela
- José Palacios, REUNA, Chile
- Juan Pablo Carvallo, CEDIA, Ecuador
- Keyla Cañizales, Universidad Centroccidental "Lisandro Alvarado", Venezuela
- Leandro Marcos de Oliveira Guimarães, RNP, Brazil
- Luis Alberto Núñez, School of Physics, Universidad Industrial de Santander UIS, Colombia
- Luiz Coelho, RNP, Brazil
- Mónica López, Renata, Colombia
- Marina Vicario, Mexican Society of Computing in Education, Mexico
- María Luisa Sein-Echaluce Lacleta, University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Miguel Zapata Ros, University of Murcia, Spain
- Susana Graciela Cadena Vela, Central University of Ecuador, Ecuador
- Group work table - April 7, 2020
- Webinar “COVID-19 | Technological Innovation in education in times of crisis” https://eventos.redclara.net/event/1033/