Attention! COMCLARA 2011 extends the call for applications until April 15
Call for Latin America research communities to integrate by means of RedCLARA
The project Latin America Interconnected with Europe (ALICE2) offers to researchers of the institutions connected to National Research and Education Networks (NREN) members of RedCLARA (Latin American Cooperation of Advanced Networks), the opportunity to strengthen their working ties in the field of their research interests, strengthening their relations and employing the telecommunications and computing resources that can be used through ADVANCED Internet. This program is called COMCLARA2011 (by CLARA Communities, version 2011).
The communities of researchers, who accept this invitation and are eligible to meet the requirements given below, may receive the following RedCLARA support in the context of the ALICE2 project:
1. The part time recruitment, for one year, of one of the members of the community (can also be a doctoral student, a highly motivated young researcher, etc.), to be call as "Coordinator" that performs tasks of coordination, mobilization and internal coordination among its members (For the development of a research project and to present it to a financial and promoter organization , and for other activities that the community decides to do, such as virtual meetings with different objectives according to its work plan, among others) under the guidance of the Main Organizer of the respective research community.
2. Financing the participation of the research community Main Organizer and / or Coordinator in at least one annual meeting at a congress of significance in their specialty, which promotes networking.
3. Access to RedCLARA services especially arranged for the communities, such as: high-quality videoconferencing, webconference (desktop videoconferencing), DSpace, selective information about funding sources by specialty, country and region, wikis, among others. It is estimated that these services will be in direct support to the development of regular community activities (workshops, virtual information days and seminars at distance, etc.).
4. RedCLARA technical consultancy, for one year, in the use of its services and applications for meeting of the goals that the community is proposed in this period.
Communities that accept to apply for these facilities and comply with the requirements for its eligibility may invite researchers from the European Community and other countries integrated through the Internet Advanced Networks to join in them.
Research communities convened for COMCLARA2011 program must belong to one of the following research areas:
• Health • Materials Technology • ICT (e-Government) • ICT (Grids) • ICT (Digital Libraries) • Technologies for Energy (renewable energy) • Food • Water • Social Sciences • Biotechnology • Astronomy • Education • Natural Disasters • Cultural Heritage (Archeology and Intangible Heritage)
Monday December 13, 2010
Beginning of the call and start receiving applications from the communities.
From December 13, 2010 to January 14, 2011
Answers for consultation and clarification that applicants request through the e-mail