The project Latin America Interconnected with Europe (ALICE2) through the programme, CLARA Communities, version 2010 (COMCLARA2010) offers researchers of the institutions connected to National Research and Education Networks (NREN) partners to CLARA (Latin American Cooperation of Advanced Networks), the opportunity to strengthen their working ties in the field of their research interests, strengthening their relations and using telecommunications and computing resources that can be used through RedCLARA, CLARA’s Advanced Internet Network. This programme is called COMCLARA2010 (by CLARA Communities, version 2010).
The communities of researchers, who accept this invitation and are eligible to meet the requirements given below, may receive the following CLARA support in the context of the ALICE2 project:
1. The part time recruitment, for one year, of one of the members of the community (can also be a doctoral student, a highly motivated young researcher, etc.), to be call as "coordinator" that performs tasks of coordination, mobilization and internal coordination among its members (for the various activities that the community decides to make relations with CLARA, finding sources of international programs such as ALFA, FP7, CYTED, OAS, OEI, IDB, etc.) under the guidance of the Main Organizer of the respective research community.
2. Financing the participation of the research community main organizer and / or Coordinator in at least one annual meeting at a congress of significance in their specialty, which promotes networking.
3. CLARA will request the support from the National Research and Education Networks for the communities that result selected in this program in order to offer them access, in accordance with the availableness of those networks, to the video conferencing services for the development of regular activities such as workshops, information days virtual and remote seminars, these activities may be recorded for later use.
4. Developing collaborative applications tailored to their needs, such as wikis, blogs, calendars, document sharing repositories, etc.
5. CLARA Technical Consultancy, for one year, in the use of its services and applications for meeting of the goals that the community is proposed in this period.
The COMCLARA 2010 Communities are (Content available only in spanish):