Name: Middleware for collaborative Applications and Global vIrtual Communities - MAGIC
Start: May 1, 2015
End: April 30, 2017
Funding: EC – Horizon 2020
General objective: To establish a set of agreements for participating world regions to consolidate/complete middleware for a marketplace of services and real-time applications to benet global science communities.
Participants: RedCLARA (Latin America) - Coordinator
CESNET (Czech Republic)
UbuntuNet Alliance (S&E Africa)
WACREN (W&C Africa)
ASREN (Arab States)
CAREN NOC – NITC (Central Asia)
CSIR (South Africa)
- To enable mobility and seamless access to services by:
- promoting the establishment of identity federations connected to eduGAIN,
- creating awareness of privacy and security issues, and
- increasing uptake of eduroam.
- To enable the provision of collaboration tools and services among NRENs based on NREN-run applications made available via a worldwide application market.
- To seek consensus on interoperability of real-time applications and work towards the adoption of standards such as those proposed by the Global CEO Forum.
- To foster the collaborative work of Global Science Communities by actively promoting the participation researchers in European Commission Calls, etc.